Agile Project Management Methodology – Benefits & Tools
A Segmented approach in software development process that focuses on continuous releases at all levels and delivers project in small, usable batches!
What is Agile?
Agile is a time-boxed Iterative software delivery model that promotes software incrementally from the beginning of the project, rather than delivering it all at once. These small segments are developed and tested in fixed & manageable duration of either 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks cycle.
- A project is divided into significant short segments depending on user functionality.
- Smaller portions are referred as user stories.
- User stories are defined, sized and prioritized.
- Then, these stories are delivered within a short span of time called iterations.
- After each iteration, process is analysed and possible conclusions are scrutinized:
- Are deliveries on time and are things under control?
- Too much work in too little time?
- Now, either you do less than recommended or push the timelines and revise project cost estimation?
- After every revision, the process is continuously improved upon till you deliver the entire project.
Why Agile Project Management Methodology?
Agile is a progressive approach that starts with a simple plan, and keep on incrementing it over the time. It means:
- Accepting changing requirements
- Continuously refining and amending your deliverables as the time progresses.
- This leads to change in overall plan, team roles, time, budget and scope. Usually, for Agile team, timelines are fixed, but budget and quality work around scope.
This clearly indicates that you are never done with your analysis, design, coding and testing while working on an Agile project. This overlapping and ever continuous approach results into:
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Faster feedback cycle
- Early and expectable delivery
- Acceptance to change
- Effective planning based on facts not speculation
- Project tracking easier and more concrete
- Early fault Identification and modification
- Less wastage of time and effort, better outcome
- Reduced non-productive work
- Predictable costs and schedule
- Improved client-customer relationship
The Agile Manifesto
The Agile Manifesto comprises of four core values listed below:
- Individuals and Interactions over Processes and Tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
Is there software that helps in exercising Agile SDLC?
Yes, there is software like JIRA that utilizes Agile principle effectively.
JIRA is an issue and bug tracking and project management tool developed by Australian company Atlassian. It basically track issues and bugs related to software and mobile apps. JIRA dashboard has some useful features and handy functions that aid to ease of handling issues.
Technoid’s role in terms of promoting Agile and they have successfully rolled out JIRA for few of their clients
Agile technology is quite demanding. It produces some of the most sought-after applications that meet customer needs efficiently.
Technoid is one of the very few establishments that have adopted Agile project management methodology to help organisations scale up their Agile initiatives – Smartly and Quickly. We have implemented some high quality applications ranging from small, medium to large enterprises.
To meet the on-going product changes and enhancement requests of our clients, and operating in accordance with the market trends, we have adopted JIRA. Since it is a customizable issue management system that effectively exercises Agile principles, it ensures faster and streamlined work and better results.
JIRA unlocks the power of Agile project management system and ensures that all the stakeholders are kept on the same page with reference to rapid product development and changing customer requirement.
Being a customer-centric organization, we promote and enforce innovative Agile Project Management solutions for each of our clients! WE are a click away - Technoid.ae!